Fashion @ FC set to host inaugural “Style Night”

Style Night
Fashion @ Fullerton College will host their first "Style Night" on Thursday May 11 at the Wilshire Auditorium. Photo credit: Fashion @ FC

Forward thinking fashion comes to Fullerton College for the inaugural Style Night hosted by Fashion @ FC on Thursday, May 11 at the Wilshire Auditorium

Style Night will feature a number of contests, student displays and industry speakers. The event will be filled with music, photo opportunities, and an awards ceremony for contest winners.

“This year is going to be one of our best years because this is a dedicated group of people,” said Vanessa Pacheco, member of the fashion department’s public relations committee.

The night’s main event, the white t-shirt contest, invites students to creatively style the simple garment in any way they see fit to be judged by a panel of judges of fashion bloggers.

Among the judges is Beth Jones, esteemed fashion blogger who will also speak as a headliner for the night.

Another contest focuses on local high students who are invited to participate in the upcycle contest. The students will use old recycled clothes to create a piece fit enough for judging, whether it be jeans, a t-shirt or a jacket.

The move to include high school students reflects the fashion department’s effort to expand its reach beyond college students.

“This year we have been reaching out a lot further than just local,” Pacheco explained, “In previous years we’ve been sticking to the same people and companies we normally reach out to. So this year, we’re really expanding.”

Style Night is free to all and takes place from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Judging for contests happen between 6:30 and 7:15 p.m.

For more information and to RSVP, visit their Facebook event post.