Style Night at Fullerton College

Fashion came alive at the Wilshire Auditorium for Style Night hosted by Fashion @ Fullerton College on Thursday, May 11 .

Students from three different fashion classes were showcased in the show: draping, flat pattern and collections or pattern making.

Vivian Resendiz, fashion student and announcer, explained the fashion department’s preparation for their special night.

“We have been planning this event the entire semester,” Resendiz revealed. “It has been the topic of focus in our class and we’ve just been trying really hard to make it a good experience for everyone.”

“We want to bring awareness to the fashion program at Fullerton college. Not a lot of people know how great this program is and we just want more people and talent to come join us,” continued Resendiz.

Advance
Here are a few designs from some of the advance fashion students this semester. Photo credit: Kendra Rule

Among the judges were blogger Beth Jones, stylist Hien Phan, Alana Shmidt, head of production at KIYONNA, Natashia Tomek, a Fullerton College alumni and designer at LIRA and Hippietiques owner Tamara Steffen.

Keynote speaker Kandice Hansen of Revolve Clothing gave notes on today’s fashion market and how each different area of fashion can be impacted by social media.

“I’m super excited and really happy to be working with the designer Samantha Flores,” said Marissa Torres, a student model in the showcase.

Flores, fashion scholarship recipient of the night, shared her excitement about being able to display her outfits and that this show meant a lot for her and her future as a hopeful designer.

“This is something that each class can participate in it and represent what they can do and their talents, and it opens doors,” said Alexis Klobucar, fashion major.

The Runway
Style Night student models take the Wilshire Auditorium stage to showcase several fashion department students' vivid designs. Photo credit: Kendra Rule

Style Night brought together all different areas of the fashion program in order to wow the audience and show what the students are capable of, in fashion as well as merchandising, and public relations.

Mario Santiago, a designer in the show, shared his amazement for the entire event.

“Everything was perfect,” Santiago said. “I am very happy with how everything went and think it was a complete success.”

For more information about Fashion @ Fullerton College, please visit their website.