The last President’s open forum of the Spring 2017 semester

President Greg Schulz held the last President’s Open Forum of the Spring 2017 semester on Monday May 15.

Schulz introduced the forum with several acknowledgements to students in academic and athletic achievement.

He thanked everyone involved in the successful Students of Distinction awards ceremony Friday May 12, where 20 exemplary FC students were recognized for their achievement for Fullerton College and the community at large.

Schulz also congratulated the athletics programs and also mention a select few of the men and women athletes who will be moving on and competing in a higher division.

Jake Philips, a former Fullerton College student, brought to attention a “pretty serious littering issue” underneath the Chapman bridge, where he has seen cigarette buds and has been cleaning up that designated area.

He recommended the potential solution of putting a flower pot where people may toss their cigarette buds.

One faculty member mentioned that “we should not be addressing only one part of the school if we are going to do something about the littering.”

Another faculty member voiced her perspective on the petitioners on campus collecting signatures commenting, “We shouldn’t ever be compelled to sign something we don’t understand. and to just say if we don’t understand to just say ‘no thank you’ but you can choose to do what you feel.”