Mock interviews to be held by the Career and Life Planning Center

The Career and Life Planning Center will hold mock interviews starting on Tuesday, Oct. 24, to prepare students for the workforce.

All students pursuing any career or major can participate in the mock interviews which will also run on Oct. 25, Nov. 2, 8, 9 and 13.

The interviews will be held by employers from various businesses such as Hydro Flow, Weld Management, Kimberly-Clark and the Muckenthaler Cultural Center.

“This is the first time we’ve partnered with North Orange County Chamber and businesses,” said career center coordinator Janine Cirrito. “They want to see our students succeed so they’re coming here to help in anyway they can to give them feedback in interviews.”

The 30 minute interviews will take place at one of the reserved rooms in the second floor of Fullerton College’s library. Students are asked to look presentable and bring in their resume.

Interview questions will be shared with participating students to get a sense of what professionals may ask them. A rubric will also be provided as a guidance for students on what to expect.

The mock interviews will be scored on a five point scale.

Interviewees will be evaluated based on their resume, appearance, voice, skill, presentation, delivery and language.

Feedback will be given right after the interview along with their score.

“The purpose is to provide students with the opportunity to practice their interview skills and to offer them the opportunity to become familiar with answering interview questions and to learn interview etiquette,” said Cirrito.

For those interested, it is recommended to quickly reserve a spot as interview times fill up quickly.

Sign up at FCCareerConnect by selecting “workshops” under the events tab to choose your session. FCCareerConnect is accessible through MyGateway under student links.

For more information visit or contact the Career and Life Planning Center.