Lend a hand by donating soap

From now until Oct. 31, Fullerton College’s Sociology Club will be accepting donations of packaged bars of soap for the local homeless population as a part of one of their yearly donation collection drives.

In the past, the Sociology Club has collected toothbrushes, books and pairs of socks.

This time they are accepting soap donations that will be given to the nonprofit organization, Pathways of Hope, and then distributed to the in-need homeless population in our area.

“We do collections each year. We have collected 1,000 pairs of socks and 1,000 toothbrushes for the homeless, we collected 1,200 books for the Prison Library Project, animal shelter collections,” stated Sociology Club Adviser Angie Andrus.

Microsoft Word - Soc Club SOAP collection.docx
Banner for Sociology Club Soap Donation 2017.

Just like the amount of the past donation collections, the Sociology Club’s goal is to collect 1,000 bars of soap for the local homeless population.

“Something as simple as a bar of soap may be out of reach for the homeless but can help a lot,” commented Andrus.

Soap for Donations to Sociology Club
Soap needed for Sociology Club Donations. Photo credit: HomeGuides

Students who are interested in donating can do so in one of two ways.

Students can either take their donations to the drop-off box in office suite 1423 or they can contact Andrus and arrange to have their donation picked up by a Sociology Club on campus.

“This is something any student can do,” added Andrus.

If you have any questions on the soap drive or if you wish to find out more information on the Sociology Club, you can contact Andrus through her email at [email protected].