Latinx Forum wants students to come participate

The Cadena Cultural Center in collaboration with the FC Puente program invites all students to join the 10th annual Latinx Students Forum, Sep. 19, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m. at the Fullerton College in Room 224.

“The forum is intended to provide our students with a venue at which they would be able to discuss their educational experiences and connect with their peers and staff,” said Vincent White, coordinator at the Cadena Cultural and Transfer Center. “These types of efforts help build those important networks that can benefit them to be successful in their educational goals.”

9thannuallatinx-student-forum
Students last year meet up for 9th annual Latinx Forum. Discussing their questions and educational goals.

Aligning with the mission of the Cadena Cultural Center, the event hopes to provide opportunities and a greater understanding and appreciation of different cultures for FC students.

“My greatest hope is that students will feel inspired to become connected and engaged in their educational goals,” White added. “As well as make those important connections that could very well last throughout their education and life.”

Since this is a “student’s” forum and not a “general” forum, the format and agenda has yet to be determined by the students.

Those students interested in planning and coordinating this forum can meet for the first planning meeting on Friday, Sep. 7 at 10 a.m. in the Cadena Cultural Center, Room 212.

Latino-Students-Forum
Come join the Cadena Cultural Center for the Latinx Forum Sep.19 from 11:45am-1:15pm. Photo credit: Cadena Cultural Center

For more information on this forum or any other upcoming cultural tours and events, contact the Cadena Cultural Center in Room 212 or call (714) 992-7086.