The Associated Students Fall 2019 Elections are here

Exercise your right to vote this week, Sept. 3-5, in the Associated Students fall 2019 election. Voting will take place in the Quad from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. at the A.S. booth.

A.S. coordinates events and activities on campus in partnership with clubs and other organizations. The A.S. senate also created committees to address issues and projects ranging from accreditation to study abroad.

451C4087-BA92-4FDD-BD38-C13EAE77FF19.jpeg
Fullerton College's 2019-2020 Associated Students. (left-right) vice president of finance Laura Sanchez, president of student Selena Elisa Cruz, vice president of student senate Harutyun Kejejyan, and FC student trustee Chloe Jane Reyes. Photo credit: Fullerton College

Fullerton students can vote to elect a vice president of activities, vice president of records and up to 31 senator positions.

Vice president of finance Laura Sanchez stated that the candidates are not required to publish a statement of intent. The A.S. fall elections website will have information about candidates intent, if provided.

Students can also be elected with write-in votes. A minimum of 10 students must have their names written for a senator position and 15 for the two executive positions.

All write in students must meet the minimum election code qualifications. Those written on the ballot must at least be enrolled or intend to enroll in at least 5 units at FC and maintain a 2.0 GPA.

Sanchez was elected during the spring 2019 elections along with president of student senate Selena Cruz and vice president of student senate Harutyun Kejejyan.

During her campaign Cruz stated, that her main focus would be to prioritize the majority of student voices so that they may be heard in order to make real changes and have solutions to our concerns as students.

Selena Cruz.png
Selena Cruz was elected president of the student senate during the spring semester for fall 2019. Photo credit: Fullerton College

Elected senators will meet every first, third, and fifth Tuesday of the month from 1:30-3 p.m. in room 227. For more information on the A.S. duties and members visit their website.