Quad Haunt 2019 showcases costume creativity

Halloween spirits filled Fullerton College at its annual Quad Haunt event hosted by Associated Students on Oct. 31.

Music played throughout the event as people socialized and enjoyed pizza, pie and candy. Their were different activities such as a pie eating contest, a costume contest and a booth decorating contest available for students partake in.

IMG_1874.JPG
FC students shows of his Halloween make-up skills Photo credit: Nelson Nwaukwa

“What I like to see most is everyone having a good time and enjoying themselves knowing that our campus has events like this where everyone can get involved,” said Selena Cruz President of A.S.

The Quad Haunt kicked off with a pumpkin pie eating contest where five student contestants faced off against each other in a messy attempt to see who could clean off their plate the fastest.

The winner of the pie eating contest was student Ramon Barragan who was dressed as Kakashi Hatake from Naruto.

Different club booths were also present for students to interact with and get more information about what the club has to offer.

IMG_1784.JPG
Sociology Club at Quad Haunt Photo credit: Nelson Nwaukwa

Some club booths even offered candy to students who visited.

“I think there here for a good cause so I decided to come out sign up for a couple clubs and even help out especially with charity,” said John Leatherby a costume contest contestant.

After the pie eating contest, Participating clubs were judged for best booth in the booth decoration contest, where Alpha Gamma Slugdma took first place with their Monsters Inc themed costumes and booth.

The costume contest was the main activity of the event and had the biggest audience behind it. The contest was organized into three sections being solo costumes, duos and groups. Many contestants participated in the contest showing off their creative costumes.

IMG_2069.JPG
Department of Campus Communications dress as shark week Photo credit: Nelson Nwaukwa

The winner of the solo contest was Cosmetology student Jamie Wren dressed as a car wash inflatable. Johnathan Niavarani and Melody Woods dressed as Joker and Harley Quinn took the prize for duos. The group contest was won by the Department of Campus Communications for their Shark Week costume.