Fullerton College celebrates football homecoming week

Homecoming Day prepared Fullerton College for the 91st annual “Key to the County Homecoming Football” game.

The celebrations catered to both conventional students and students who take night classes.

The pep rally ran from 10 a.m.-1 p.m., and then returned that night for Homecoming Nite Life from 5:30-7:30 p.m, on the Quad. Both events provided students with live entertainment, food and club booths.

_MG_2648.JPG
Photo credit: Mathew Flores.

Club booths were set up on Wednesday, Nov. 13 for those students who were interested in joining.

The booths were decorated according to different decades. The Student Transfer Opportunity Mentorship Program won first place in booth design.

“Our booth was inspired by the 1940s,” said Dalina Barber, Student Transfer Opportunity Mentorship Program member. “It felt amazing to win, it will help get our name out there.”

The second place went to the Society of Writers club.

_MG_2626.JPG
Photo credit: Mathew Flores.

There were also gaming tables offering the students a chance to pass time in between classes. A free pasta lunch and dinner was served to any student who was willing to wait in line.

Fullerton College showcased students of the band, cheer and dance team with some quick performances to help get the crowd excited.

After the performances, Coach Byrnes brought the football team to the stage to get recognized for the hard work they displayed this season.

_MG_2653.JPG
Photo credit: Mathew Flores.

Many people feel confident that the FC football team will take home the win, including FC President Rajen Vurdien.

“The Hornet football team will win the game on Saturday. We have the best team currently in the state of California and are ranked number 2 nationally. This team is a team that will win the state championship,” said Vurdein.

Vurdein encourages everyone to be supportive of the football team and offered free admission to the game for students.

_MG_2607.JPG
Photo credit: Mathew Flores.