Annual Spring Health Fair checks back in

The annual Spring Health Fair is set to return this Wednesday, Apr. 11, bringing around 30 health-centered vendors from various organizations out to the FC Quad. Hosted by Fullerton College Student Health Services, the event is set to run from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Throughout the event, free health screenings will be provided to students ranging from blood pressure and HIV testing to checking glucose levels for signs of diabetes. This is to encourage students to follow up with a diagnoses if they see anything unusual since a screening is not very accurate.

Organizations out in the quad will provide information and free giveaways to students who participate. Some will also provide interactive experiences such as goggles that simulate what one would see if under the influence of alcohol.

Students interested in a raffle will receive a stamp card at the beginning of their health journey. Each organization that a student visits offers a chance for a stamp. Once a student receives 10 stamps, they may turn it in to be entered for a chance to win a prize.

Spring-Health-Fair-7.png
On Wednesday, Apr. 11, the Spring Health Fair returns, bringing around 30 health-centered vendors from various organizations out to the FC Quad. Free health screenings will be provided. Photo credit: Health Services

Organizations participating in the health fair include Planned Parenthood, Susan G. Komen, LGBT Center of OC, CalOptima, Alcoholics Anonymous, National Alliance on Mental Illness Orange County, Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services, National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence of Orange County, and Radiant Health Centers.

Planning for the Spring Health Fair went underway at the start of the semester to make a positive impact on students and their health.

“We are hoping that they walk away with more knowledge about the different health aspects,” said Lori Cronin, administrative assistant and coordinator of the event.

For more upcoming events hosted by Health Services, visit their website here.