Paris comes to Fullerton for the 10th annual French Film Festival

European culture comes to Fullerton College with the annual French Film Festival. The festival will begin on Tuesday, April 2 – Friday, April 5 and it will include free food and entertainment.

All films will be shown at the campus theater and will be screened with English subtitles. Showtime is at 7:30 p.m. with food and entertainment beginning at 6:30 p.m. every night of the festival. Admission for each film is $6.50. Tickets can be purchased at the campus box office.

The French Film Festival is organized by French professor Catherine Reinhardt-Zacairand, the film festival committee.

“Culture in Europe is free of charge, culture is readily available and anybody has access to it, there is no economic limitation on culture,” Reinhardt-Zacair said.

The cultural events will take place at the campus theater courtyard. The entertainment portion will be a combination of music and other artistic performances by Fullerton College students and faculty.

Food will be provided by a variety of restaurants located in Fullerton and other local French inspired restaurants. Restaurants such as Bourbon Street Bar & Grill, JP23 BBQ & Smokehouse, Crepes Bonaparte, Porto’s Bakery & Cafe will be providing free tastes.

“The selection of restaurants is meant to promote French culture and at the same time promote a sense of community in Fullerton,” Reinhardt-Zacair added.

Reinhardt-Zacair begins previewing movies for the festival a year in advance. She enlists the help of her students at the Los Angeles Film Festival to view as many potential movies as possible for Fullerton’s event. This year one German language film that will be shown on Wed. April 3. German inspired activities are also planned for that night.

Film Schedule:

Le Brio.jpg
Le Brio/The Brio will be shown on Tuesday, April 2, 2019 in the Fullerton College campus theater; A French law professor known for his outbursts is forced to mentor an Albanian student after he targets her in a bigoted rant. Source: FC Foreign Languages Department Photo credit: Cadena Transfer Center

Tuesday, April 2, 2019: Le Brio/The Brio; A French law professor, known for his outbursts, is forced to mentor an Albanian student after he targets her in a bigoted rant.

Blind Date.jpg
Mein Blind Date Mit Dem Leben/My Blind Date with Life will be shown on Wednesday Apr. 3, 2019 in the Fullerton College campus theater ; Saliya becomes blind as a teenager, and in spite of everyone telling him he has limits, he starts working in a luxury hotel by keeping his condition a secret. His bluff starts to unravel when he falls in love with someone at the hotel. Source: FC Foreign Languages Department Photo credit: Cadena Transfer Center

Wednesday, April 3, 2019: Mein Blind Date Mit Dem Leben/My Blind Date with Life; Saliya becomes blind as a teenager, and in spite of everyone telling him he has limits, he begins working in a luxury hotel by keeping his condition a secret. His bluff starts to unravel when he falls in love with someone at the hotel.

Marbles.jpg
Un Sac De Billes/A Bag of Marbles will be show on Thursday Apr. 4, 2019 in the Fullerton College campus theater; The story of a small Jewish boy's flight, with his brother Maurice, to escape from Nazi occupied France during World War II. Source: FC Foreign Languages Department Photo credit: Cadena Transfer Center

Thursday, April 4, 2019: Un Sac De Billes/A Bag of Marbles; The story of a small Jewish boy’s flight, with his brother Maurice, to escape from Nazi occupied France during World War II.

Demain.jpg
Demain Tout Commence/Two is a Family will be shown on Friday Apr. 5, 2019 in the Fullerton College campus theater; A man's life is turned upside down when an old flame leaves a child on his doorstep, claiming it is his. Source: FC Foreign Languages Department Photo credit: Cadena Transfer Center

Friday, April 5, 2019: Demain Tout Commence/Two is a Family; A man’s life is turned upside down when an old flame leaves a child on his doorstep, claiming he is the father. He moves to London and raises the child by himself.