Young conservatism on display at Nixon Library

Hundreds of young adults along with members of the Orange County community crammed into the White House East Room replica at the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda on Sunday afternoon to meet Charlie Kirk. The 26-year-old Chicagoan who founded the nation’s largest student conservative activist group: Turning Point USA.

Turning Point USA has over 2,000 club charters on college and high school campuses across the nation that Kirk regularly travels to and from to promote the specific brand of conservative policies that President Donald Trump has made during his administration.

A Turning Point USA charter has taken even up roots on Fullerton College’s campus and hosts meetings to create a civil atmosphere where conservative students can clearly state their political beliefs and organize political activity. Students of all political ideologies have been welcomed to participate in meetings and hold friendly debates between their conservative colleagues.

Charlie Kirk speaks to hundreds of community members form the Orange County community encouraging them to promote the conservative policies of President Trump
Charlie Kirk speaks to hundreds of community members form the Orange County community encouraging them to promote the conservative policies of President Trump Photo credit: Gabe Larson

The event held by the Nixon Library started with the Villa Park High School Jazz Ensemble performing the “Star-Spangled Banner” while Troy High School’s Navy JROTC Honor Guard displayed the colors.

Following the ceremonial formalities, opening remarks were made by President Richard Nixon’s grandson, Christopher Nixon Cox regarding the active role Kirk has played in influencing political activism on college and high school campuses nationwide.

“He’s a great American, a great thinker, author and political figure,” stated Cox. “It’s just really an honor to have him here.”.

Cox went on to speak about the similarities between his grandfather’s presidency and President Trump’s current administration in the way they handled the political establishment in Washington D.C.

“President Trump took a sledgehammer to the political establishments of both parties in Washington D.C.,” insisted Cox. “And the reason why this is so personal to me is that I feel my grandfather did the same thing in the 1970s, but he didn’t have allies like FOX News and Charlie Kirk to defend him…”

Kirk began his speech on explaining his busy schedule throughout the week crisscrossing the country speaking at different venues promoting President Trump’s brand of conservative politics.

“We got a country to save and we have to act like it,” insisted Kirk.

Kirk explained the message of his book was to defend the fight President Trump was taking against the Democrat and Republican politicians that he had felt did nothing but let the United States fall into total ruin for the past 20 years.

“I don’t want to see the Republican Party go back to big government management, appeasement of our enemies, endless wars overseas, silly immigration policies and bowing down to China. I think President Trump has positively calibrated the Republican Party for generations.”

He continued to talk about what he described to be a current culture war between the public school system and families teaching their children conservative values.

“To be perfectly honest, the greatest threat to our country is what is happening on college campuses. These are multi-billion dollar cartels that don’t care about the students and don’t teach students about core American values.”

After giving his monologue, Kirk took questions from the audience. A couple of inquiring spectators were a Troy JROTC cadet who asked a question regarding a high school student’s role in American politics and a UC Irvine Professor who asked what the solution to school shootings would be.

Charlie Kirk, Turning Point USA founder, signs copies of his book, "The MAGA Doctrine" in the lobby of the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda
Charlie Kirk, Turning Point USA founder, signs copies of his book, "The MAGA Doctrine" in the lobby of the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda Photo credit: Gabe Larson

Following the Q&A session, Kirk moved to the lobby of the Nixon Library to sign free copies of his latest book to all the attendees of the event. Kirk has written three books in total, all of them promoting conservative political philosophy.

Kirk actually spent time with President Trump and the First Family to write down and articulate the specific message and goal the Trump Presidency hopes to achieve for the United States in his recent book.

The cover of the book displays a photograph of President Trump embracing the American Flag during his appearance at the 2019 Conservative Political Action Conference.

“I chose that picture because it represents how President Trump views our country; like a child. A child that needs saving and he’s willing to sacrifice whatever it takes to defend it.”

Kirk’s book, “The MAGA Doctrine: The Only Ideas That Will Save Our Future”, is currently the number three bestseller on Amazon behind “Find Your Path”, by Carrie Underwood at number one and “Where the Crawdads Sing”, by Delia Owens.

After this event, Kirk will finish his tour across the nation promoting his book. His final stop will be in Simi Valley at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library on Thursday, Mar. 26 at 6 p.m.