Fullerton College is now offering free grab-and-go meals to students

The COVID-19 pandemic has led to an ongoing effort on behalf of Fullerton College and NOCCCD faculty to provide students with access to resources that help meet their needs while on-campus services remain closed.

Walk-up view of grab-and-go breakfast in 200 building dining hall on Mar. 26.
Walk-up view of grab-and-go breakfast in 200 building dining hall on Mar. 26. Photo credit: Crystal Bender

To ensure the school can provide access to healthy meals for students, Fullerton College has launched a new resource to provide students with healthy meals. Students now have the option to receive fresh grab-and-go hot meals at no cost.

Grab-and-go meals first became available to students this week, with meals being handed out on Wednesday and Friday. Students can still receive meals this upcoming week, spring break, on March 29th and 30th.

Grab and Go Breakfast served on March 26 at Fullerton College with pancakes, bacon, orange juice and a banana.
Grab and Go Breakfast served on March 26 at Fullerton College with pancakes, bacon, orange juice and a banana. Photo credit: Crystal Bender

There are two separate meal times offered. Breakfast is available between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m., and lunch is served between 12 p.m. and 2 p.m.

The breakfast menu currently consists of breakfast burritos with a drink, and a vegetarian option is available. For a glimpse at past lunches, students were served a teriyaki meal and a steak fajitas meal.

Grab-and-Go taco lunch served on Mar. 26 at Fullerton College.
Grab-and-Go taco lunch served on Mar. 26 at Fullerton College. Photo credit: Crystal Bender

For the remaining upcoming meals, lunch will consist of unique options. Fettuccini Chicken Alfredo with veggies, a dinner roll, and a drink will be served on Monday, Mar. 29. Turkey Cutlets with gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, a dinner roll, and a drink will be served on Tuesday, Mar. 30.

After spring break, breakfast and lunch Grab-and-go meals will continue to be offered on a weekly basis on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The Healthy Hornet drive-thru has continued providing food and other resources to students on Thursdays.

Students need to sign up on the laptop in the cafeteria to get their meals.
Students need to sign up on the laptop in the cafeteria to get their meals. Photo credit: Crystal Bender

Meals are distributed from the 200 building, and students are required to sign up in advance and provide their student ID at pick-up.

Fullerton College students can sign up for this service here.