New Interim Vice President of Business and Administrative Services has been hired

On Monday March 13, 2023, Fullerton College President Cynthia Olivo announced through her Instagram account that current North Orange County Community College District faculty Henry Hua had been hired to fill the void left by former Vice President of Administrative Services Rodrigo Garcia. Hua will begin his position by the end of the week. Photo credit: Gerardo Chagolla

Gerardo Chagolla, Editor in Chief

On Monday March 13, 2023, Fullerton College President Cynthia Olivo announced through her Instagram account that current North Orange County Community College District administrator Henry Hua had been hired to fill the void left by former Vice President of Administrative Services Rodrigo Garcia.

According to Olivo, Hua will begin his interim position by the end of the week. He will take over daily operations from former NOCCCD Interim Chancellor Fred Williams, “he [Williams] has been a tremendous help the past two months,” said Olivo in a direct message sent to The Hornet.

Hua has 21 years of experience in the California Community Colleges system, with 16 of them being for NOCCCD.

Coming from Cypress College where he has worked for the past six years as the Dean of Business and Computer Information Systems, Hua helped ramp up the Dual Enrollment program during his time of service.

Hua earned his Master of Science in Business Administration and Management, and Information Assurance from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona in 2008 and his Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership from Pepperdine University in Malibu, California in 2010.

Olivo credits NOCCCD Chancellor Byron D. Clift Breland on the hiring of Hua, “thanks to Chancellor Breland for ensuring we had this high level of support.”

The Vice President of Administrative Services position has been vacant since December 21, 2022, when a statement was released during winter break from the offices of former Interim President Monte Perez announcing Rodrigo Garcia took a leave of absence from his position.

Garcia was voted unanimously by the NOCCCD board for the position of VP of Administration Services on March 14, 2017 while holding the position as an interim.

VP of Administration Services position oversees campus safety, facilities, bookstore, food services and “a lot of different aspects to make sure everything is going smoothly,” said Garcia in an April 7, 2017, Hornet article.

Olivo plans to announce the hiring of Hua on Tuesday March 14, 2023, during a board meeting.