The deadline to withdraw is approaching this weekend

Fullerton College is nearing the withdraw deadline this upcoming Sunday April 23, 2023. Photo credit: Gerardo Chagolla

Evelyn Salazar, Staff Writer

The withdrawal deadline for Fullerton College is this weekend on Sunday April 23. Students must make a decision before this date. Failure to officially withdraw from a class may result in a grade of “F” or “NC” on your official transcripts.

This decision is a hard one to make for many, but remember that it has to be quick.

An instructor may drop a student based off excessive absences but it is the student’s responsibility to officially withdraw from the class. Instructor approval is not required.

Some students can apply for an excuse withdrawal as well.

For students receiving financial aid, an excused withdrawal may have an impact on them. Contacting the Financial Aid Office is highly recommended before making the decision to withdraw.

An excused withdrawal may impact your educational and transfer plans. Counselors can advise students on their best options toward degree completion and transfer.

Jazmin Romero, a sophomore business major, is currently going through this predicament.

“It has been hard to decide whether or not to withdraw because considering how close we are to the semester ending,” she said. “I’m in the middle.”

Romero stated that nearing the semester is hard enough. “I am stressed and left with the decision so I have to think about it.”

An extenuating circumstances petition request for an exception or waiver of college procedures is available. Extenuating circumstances are verified cases of illness, accident or other circumstances beyond your control.

Ultimately every student is left to decide what is best for them and their overall GPA.

Please reach out to student services for information and resources.

Don’t forget to set a date in your calendar to take time and withdraw if you have to.