Latest Print Issue
Instagram
Spotify

Show of Hands: Let’s Talk Politics

We asked 100 Fullerton College students and professors about the upcoming presidential election and current political climate.
Melisa Skinder

Trump or Biden? Just kidding—we have bigger questions to ask. According to a survey by the American Psychological Association, 70% of adults experienced stress during the 2020 election. It is evident that the political climate in the United States has been overwhelming and polarizing for many. Four years later, tensions are rising again with both Trump and Biden back for round two.   

We interviewed 100 Fullerton College students and staff to hear their thoughts on the political climate and the upcoming election. Specifically, how the two topics impact their political choices and personal relationships.  

The data shows that people are not as divided as they think they are. Most respondents agree with the need to reform the two-party system and with social media’s failure to accurately portray political views. However, people are clearly split on separating their relationships from politics with 54% of respondents saying no and 46% saying yes.

Taken from the Summer 2024 print issue of Inside Fullerton. Read it here.