Prohoroff Staying in Fullerton

The Bulldog
Hornets pitcher Dylan Prohoroff delivering a pitch at Super Regionals vs. Santa Barbara City College, FC won 2-1 in 13 innings.

Hornets starting pitcher Dylan Prohoroff is staying in Fullerton next semester, only he will be wearing a different uniform. On Tuesday Prohoroff announced his commitment to play baseball at Cal State, Fullerton.

After a dominant sophomore campaign, Prohoroff’s stock soared in the eyes of both Division-I and professional baseball scouts. He made a huge leap from his freshman season to his sophomore year, with vast improvement in every statistical pitching category. Possessing a fastball that ranges from 91-93 mph and a sharp slider, the anchor of the Hornets staff often left batters shaking their heads as they walked back to the dugout this season.

Prohoroff’s ERA went from 3.44 to 2.14 and nearly doubled his strikeout total, from 46 to 90. He also doubled his win total from last season, finishing with a record of (10-3). Prohoroff credits his hard work in the gym and on the practice field for the improvement.

With multiple top notch NCAA programs vying for his services next season, the decision was a tough one. However, after mulling over his options between schools like UC Riverside, UC Irvine, San Diego State and University of Arizona, he ultimately chose to stay close to home at CSUF.

Prohoroff grew up just about a mile from the CSUF campus in Placentia and attended Valencia High School. The 6-foot-3-inch right hander fondly recalls watching the Titans reach the College World Series growing up and feels playing for CSUF will be a great opportunity to continue developing his game.

His parents Steve and Christine Prohoroff are, for obvious reasons, ecstatic with the decision to play down the street and are looking forward to an even closer commute to watch their son play next season.

It has been an incredible season, and an even more amazing month for Prohoroff. Earlier this month he was presented with Fullerton College’s “Male Athlete of the Year” award and picked as First Team All Orange Empire Conference as well.

However, the whirlwind ride might have one more surprise in store. Pro-scouts have hinted that Prohoroff may very well wind up being selected in the upcoming MLB Draft that will be held June 8-10. Keep your eyes and ears peeled Hornets!