Fullerton Union High School faculty seek negotiations

Fullerton High School faculty members protested to negotiate contract agreements with the district outside the school on Tuesday around 2:30 p.m.

Faculty began negotiations with the district regarding their salary between March and April 2015, according to Fullerton High School science teacher Jeff Oliva. This has left the faculty without a contract since July 1, 2015.

protest
Jeff Oliva science teacher leading some of the faculty in protesting outside the high school seeking to negotiate contract agreements with the district on Tuesday, Feb. 9 Photo credit: Neddie Facio
Teachers protest
Fullerton High School faculty members protesting outside the high school seeking to negotiate contract agreements with the district on Tuesday, Feb. 9 Photo credit: Neddie Facio

Protesting

“We took our hit, we took our pay cuts, and we just feel unappreciated,” Oliva said.

According to Oliva, the faculty proposed many negotiations since then, while the district made a proposal of a 2 percent raise for the faculty.

“I know our district pays our teachers well,” Oliva said. “It would be unfair to say the district does not pay us well.”

Oliva and many other faculty have been protesting throughout the month, preparing and gradually gaining more support.

They look to bring all of their support to the upcoming board meeting.

The board meeting will be held at the District Education Center in Fullerton on Bastanchury Road and Brea Boulevard at 7:30 p.m.

Oliva said, “The reason why we are protesting, we just want to negotiate.”