FC Clubs adapt to campus being closed

Extracurricular activities are being put on hold as the Student Center, Fullerton College’s clubs and organizations are slowly transitioning to online communication.

The Latina Leadership Network Club is one of the 48 clubs on Fullerton College’s campus that are making sure their members are getting the right experience with their club despite the changes.

“The most difficult part about coordinating are the emails that have to be sent back and forth before deciding a day and time that work for everyone to meet virtually. The easiest part is the fact that our members are interested in staying connected,” said Stephanie Arroyo, the LLNSC advisor.

Arroyo is adjusting to an online learning environment not only for her counseling course but for the club. The members of The Latina Leadership Network Club, as well as the other club members, are not getting the full experience of student life at Fullerton College because of the campus closure that was issued by Chancellor Cheryl A. Marshall on Mar.13.

Arroyo and the executive members are currently planning on having an online meeting later this week or next week.

“Anyone wanting to connect with us during this time to begin to plan for summer or fall activities can email us directly at [email protected],” said Arroyo. Plans were cut short because of the COVID-19 outbreak throughout Southern California.

The Latina Leadership Network Club had intentions of hosting an event in May for its members. “Our members had intentions of hosting an event to familiarize students with various support services (on and off-campus) and providing strategies/techniques for meeting their full potential as college students,” said Arroyo.

The majority of the Fullerton College club advisors are currently communicating with their club presidents to make sure they are keeping their members up to date with any information for the remainder of the semester.

Club members should contact their respective club presidents for more information on upcoming meetings.

Students can also go to https://studentlife.fullcoll.edufor the Student Center’s virtual office hours or email the center at [email protected].