Fullerton College campus safety officer under investigation after altercation on campus Thursday afternoon

This article has been updated as of 7:13 p.m. on Oct. 14.

An incident between a Fullerton College campus safety officer and a man unaffiliated with Fullerton College occurred on campus Thursday, Oct.13, around 2:45 p.m.

Two campus safety officers used force on the man allegedly for smoking a cigarette and refusing to pull out any identification.

A smartphone video, filmed by Wisdom Juice, a rapper from the area, was uploaded to Twitter and Facebook.

In the video, the officers pinned him to the ground and continued to kneel on his back. Multiple spectators were around to observe the scene.

Up Against the Wall
FC Campus Safety Officer slams the man against a brick wall before pulling him to the ground on video. Photo credit: OC Weekly

The twitter video has received around 2.3k retweets and 1.8k favorites, while the Facebook upload has 8.3k views and 1.5k shares.

Fullerton College President Greg Schulz sent out an email regarding the investigation which was also posted on the Fullerton College News Center website.

“The videos circulating on social media are partial records of the incident and we are working to fully investigate the interaction. We cannot comment further on the incident because it is a personnel matter,” Schulz responded in the memo.

Bruised
The man who was pinned by campus safety officers shows his bruises and marks after they release him. Photo credit: Wisdom Juice

A different three part video has surface of the incident.

Part one, Part two, Part three.

Further information will come once available.