Photo Gallery: Hornets finish the season off strong against Rustlers

An early goal along with a top keeper performance secured Fullerton College’s final OEC victory over Golden West before playoffs begin.
Cesar Garcia
Hornets’ freshman forward Hayden Kenny locks his eyes up field looking to attack on the offensive side of the pitch in a 4-1 victory over the Rustlers on Nov. 9, 2023.

Fullerton College, the number one JUCO team in the state of California, ended their dominant regular season with another convincing win Thursday night over Golden West at home, 4-1.

Hornets’ sophomore goalkeeper Mario Floriano shut down the Rustlers from scoring on multiple chances, as Floriano cleared five shots on target from the Rustlers during the match. His play during the second half was also crucial as the tension rose between the two teams. 

Goals were scored from freshman forward Hayden Kenny, star sophomore striker Misael Gonzalez, freshman midfielder Ricardo Michel, which was the first of his career, and lastly Omar Ruiz.