Breaking News: Missing Fullerton College student has been found safe, police say

The report of a missing student comes days after a Campus Safety officer was attacked on campus.
Hornet Media

A Fullerton College biochemistry major has been found after she was declared missing around 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 17. Fullerton Police Department Public Information Officer Sgt. Ryan O’Neil told The Hornet Thursday, Oct. 19 that this student has been found with the help of another agency in a neighboring county. O’Neil declined to share further information for privacy reasons, but stated no foul play was involved.

According to an e-mail from O’Neil as well as a comment from the Fullerton Police Department account on Facebook, Fullerton PD had closed their missing persons case, and she chose not to go home. A relative then reported her missing again a couple of days later with another police agency. She is an adult who left on her own accord and is not considered to be at risk according to Fullerton PD.

This screenshot from a Facebook post about this student, comes from the Fullerton Police Department’s Facebook account after 10 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 20, 2023. (Pedro Saravia)

The Fullerton College Campus Safety office as well as FC President Cynthia Olivo confirmed the safety of this student to The Hornet on Thursday, Oct. 19

Posters of this missing student were placed in the parking structure that sits across from the 700 building and Fullerton Union High School’s baseball field on Thursday, Oct. 19. Classmates and one of the student’s professors voiced their concern to The Hornet when the student didn’t come to class.

Concerns about safety on campus have been on the rise since a campus safety officer was hospitalized after being attacked by three teenagers in the quad early Friday morning, Oct. 13. There have also reportedly been four major crimes in a 15-day window at nearby Mt. San Antonio Community College in Walnut.

The Fullerton College community was rattled earlier this semester when 19-year-old Fullerton College fashion student Andrea Vazquez disappeared from a park in Whittier on Aug. 20 and was found dead the following morning in Moreno Valley. A suspect was charged on Aug. 23 in connection with Vazquez’s murder. The pre-trial hearing for this case begins on Wednesday, Oct. 25 at the Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center in Downtown Los Angeles.

If you or anyone you know has any issues or concerns of safety on campus, call the emergency line for Campus Safety at (714) 992-7777 or contact The Hornet via DM on Instagram or X @FCHornet or by calling our newsroom at (714) 992-7570.